There is no secret about the disadvantages of belly fat such as embarrassments, unhealthy body, risk of organ diseases, and many more and that’s why you clicked on a thumbnail of Yoga poses for belly fat loss right…?
I am so glad that you have taken a step to get rid of your belly fat and decided to be healthy. Now let me also do a favor for you, In today’s article I come up with 17 best Yoga poses for belly fat loss that you can easily perform at your home.
Yoga cures many health-related issues and it is mainly popular for getting fitness and a healthy body. And Yes, yoga poses helps you in losing belly fat too by controlling metabolism in your body.
If you have any questions about Yoga poses for belly fat loss you can check the FAQ’s answered at the end of the article. Also, you should check what causes belly fat in females.
List Of 17 Yoga poses for belly fat loss:
We will start with Sun salutation that will warm your body and going down we will see the most effective yoga poses for belly fat and will end on relaxing your body with child and corpse pose.
To get full advantage of these yoga poses do not leave here and keep on reading.
- Sun Salutation
- Standing Forward Bend Pose
- Seated Forward Bend Pose
- Plank Pose
- Boat Pose
- Cobra Pose
- Bow Pose
- Wind Relieving posture
- Camel Pose
- Bridge Pose
- Downward Facing Dog Pose
- Side Bend Pose
- Standing Alternate Toe Touch Pose
- Legs Up the Wall Pose
- Reclined Spinal Twist
- Child Pose
- Corpse Pose
#1 Sun Salutation:
- Sun Salutation also called Surya Namaskar is a very good yoga to do first in the morning.
- This yoga engaged your all body parts, it strengthens and energizes the muscles and this is the perfect yoga for warming up.
- Follow the steps correctly as shown in the video. Pay attention to inhaling and exhaling to get the proper benefits from it.
- You can do it 5-6 times to completely warm up your body.
- Sun Salutation helps in digestion, weight loss, boosts immunity, reduces hair fall, gives healthy kidney and heart health.
#2 Standing Forward Bend Pose:
- In the Forward bending pose your stomach gets completely compressed and it activates your abdominal muscles that will help you in reducing fat.
- First, Stand in mountain pose i.e stand straight and then lift your hands upward.
- Then slowly inhale and while exhaling slowly go down toward the floor and cover half the distance so that your body will be parallel to the floor.
- Again inhale and while exhaling reach out to the ground, try to touch your leg fingers if you are a beginner otherwise try to touch your palm on the floor.
- Hold this position as long as you can or min 30 sec and then finally come up while inhaling.
- Repeat this yoga pose for 2-3 times.
#3 Seated Forward Bend Pose:
- The seated forward bend pose is another forward bend pose in yoga which not only helps in toning stomach muscles but also gives lots of benefits such as proper digestion, relieves stress.
- Seat on Mat and stretch your legs forward such as your toes pointing to the floor.
- Raise your hand straight above your head and inhale deeply.
- Bend forward, try to touch your toes with hands, and exhale simultaneously.
- If you are a beginner try to touch your elbow to knees otherwise try to touch your forehead to the knees.
- Hold this position for a few seconds and then come to the original position while inhaling.
#4 Plank Pose:
- Plank Pose best to tone your overall body muscles especially core muscles hence doing 1 min of plank daily can help you in belly fat loss.
- To perform Plank pose first stand on the knees and then put all force on hands on the floor, You wrists should be under your shoulder
- Then first take your right leg back and then left leg back. Hold this pose for 1 min or a maximum of your limit.
- This poses not only tones your abdominal muscles but also very good for your back and also it makes your shoulder and hands strong.
#5 Boat Pose:
- The boat pose specifically strengthens your abdominal muscles and it is very good for your belly, your core actually sets on fire while doing this pose. You should give it a try.
- Sit on a mat as your legs make a hut shape or an inverted ‘v’ shape. lean your upper body a little.
- Lift your legs up and reach out to the level so that it will be straight to your forehead.
- Make sure the angle creating should not be too small and not to be too large this otherwise you may not get the proper results.
- Hold this position for about a minute or a maximum of your limit and allow your belly fat to burn a little more.
#6 Cobra Pose:
- This is my favorite yoga pose that puts my abdominal muscle on fire in just a few seconds without doing a lot to perform it. Cobra pose is best for burning abdominal and butt fat as this pose mainly strengthens the abdominal and butt muscles.
- Lie down on your stomach, keep your toes pointed, put your hands beside your chest, and lift yourself up.
- Wait for a few seconds you can actually feel the stress over there. Do it as per your comfort level or for a minimum of 30 seconds.
- Cobra pose also helps in reducing back pain. Do it on a regular basis to see the results.
#7 Bow Pose:
- The Bow pose strengthens your back muscles and stretches your entire front chest, stomach, and thigh. This is the best yoga pose for belly fat loss and fat around your waist.
- Lie down on your stomach, inhale and bend your legs, hold your ankles with your hands.
- While exhaling lift your thighs, chest, and head as much as you can.
- Hold the position for your maximum limit and then come back to a starting position.
#8 Wind relieving Postures:
- As the name suggests this is the best yoga pose for stomach gases and releasing stomach gases. This pose helps you getting rid of a bloated belly by releases stomach gases and improves your digestive system.
- Lie down on the mat, inhale and lift your leg to 45 degrees, now exhale and reach to 90 degrees and while exhaling bend your legs and bring them toward the stomach.
- Pull the legs towards your chest and hold with your arms, lift your head and touch your chin to the knees.
- Hold the position and breathe for 10-12 times and then release the pose slowly going to the normal starting position.
#9 Camel Pose:
- The Camel pose basically helps in back flexibility but it also stretches your abdominal muscles and doing regularly can help you reducing belly fat.
- For performing this pose first sit in the Diamond Pose, Then stand on your knees.
- Inhale, Exhale and bend your back and push your hips forward. Put your hands on the ankles, open your chest, and feel the stress.
- Hold this for a few seconds. As a beginner, you may not able to touch your ankles and it is obvious it will need a little practice.
#10 Bridge Pose:
- It has claimed by ayurvedic teachers that Bridge pose can help in belly fat loss if did regularly. Along with this bridge, pose strengthen your back muscles, reduces stress and depression, relax your brain, improves digestion, reduce menstrual pain.
- Lie down on your back, Fold your legs, stick your palm to the floor.
- Press your palms and toes and lift your hips up. Lift your shoulder too but make sure your neck is laying down to the floor.
- Hold for a minute and release the pose. Repeat it for 4-5 times.
#11 Downward Facing Dog Pose:
- The downward-facing dog pose increases your energy and metabolism rate that makes it the best yoga pose for belly fat loss. This pose engaged your abdominal muscles all the time.
- Lie down on the stomach, Keep your palm beside the chest, Lift your chest up come on the knees, then lift your knees.
- Your palm should touch the ground with fingers separated and your hills are completely toches the ground.
- Hold this pose for 1 minute and you can repeat it after a break of 20 sec for 3 times.
#12 Side Bend Pose:
- The worst part of belly fat is the fat around your waist which causes a tier around your waist and this is very difficult to deal with.
- The side bends are the best solution for this problem and that’s why I called this as the most effective yoga pose for belly fat loss.
- Stand straight with a comfortable distance between your legs.
- As you inhale raise your hands up to shoulder level and as your exhale bend to the left side while your left-hand will stick to your leg and your right hand will be parallel to the floor.
- Hold this for a longer duration and release the pose, Do the same on the opposite side too. You can also perform seated side bends.
#13 Standing Alternate Toe Touch Pose:
- The Standing alternate toe touch is recommended by India’s great yoga teacher Swami Ramdev for belly fat loss. He promised this exercise help in reducing fat and obesity.
- Stand straight, Raise your hands till the shoulder level, try to touch your left leg finger with the right hand while your left hand and head facing straight upward.
- Bring your hand to the shoulder level again and then do the same with the Left hand.
#14 Legs Up the Wall Pose:
- This is the easiest yoga pose you can ever imagine for your belly fat loss. This yoga poses mainly targets your abdominal muscle and burns out the lower belly fat.
- Lie down on your back, Keep your palm facing down beside your hips, lift your both legs with pointing toes.
- Lift your legs straight to the floor and hold the position, slowly release and repeat after 15 seconds for 5 times.
#15 Reclined Spinal Twist:
- This yoga pose stretches waist muscles and targets your side belly fat. regular practice can help you in reducing side belly fat.
- Lie down on the back, Bend your legs from the knees, keep your hands parallel to the floor, and straight from the shoulder.
- Twist your lower body on the left side from your waist with bending legs and turn your face in the opposite direction.
- Hold for 40-50 seconds and change the side and do the same.
#16 Child Pose:
- I have mentioned in the starting that we will do the child and corpse pose for relaxing your body. Let’s do the first one child pose.
- Sit in the Diamond pose, Raise your hands upward straight, slowly bend forward until your chin touches your knees and your hands to the floor.
- Stretch your hands full and give your body pain to the earth to make yourself relax.
#17 Corpse Pose:
- The corpse pose is used to make you feel relaxed, to remove all your pain and stress, people do this yoga to reduces their depression level.
- Lie down on your back, keep your loose as you sleep.
- Play silent music and step by step feel your body parts and pain and relieve your pain. This really helps in reducing your pain.
I hope you enjoyed reading all these 17 Yoga poses for belly fat loss!
Let’s check some FAQs about Yoga poses for belly fat loss and belly fat loss.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Question
Can you lose belly fat with yoga?
The answer is “YES”. Traditionally yoga is used as an aerobic workout to lose weight and to get fitness. If you only want to target your lower belly then there are many yoga poses that work well for belly fat loss. You can do forward bends, bow pose, camel pose, cobra pose, sun salutation, etc.
Can yoga tone your belly?
The answer is “YES”. If you are following yoga for like months it can help you in toning your hands, legs, and stomach muscles just like any other exercises. Ayurvedic and yoga teacher claimed that yoga not only makes your inner body healthy but also gives you a perfect body outside.
How many times a week should I do yoga?
The answer is “Five(5) times a week”. Yoga has no side effect if doing it properly so it always better if you add it in your daily routine but if you can’t find that much of time you can take a 2-day break in a week or else yoga can do yoga every alternate day.
Can Yoga change your body shape?
The answer is “YES”. If yoga can reduce your belly fat, yoga can tone yoga muscles then yoga can also give your body a perfect shape of yours. Do yoga regularly and you can see the results by yourself that how your body shape is becoming nicer, slim, and toned.
How do I start yoga for beginners?
The answer is Start With easy exercises. I can understand as a beginner you may get confused with lots of stuff online about yoga poses. I will suggest you start with the very basic yoga poses such as Diamond Pose, Child Pose, Forward Bends, Side bends, alternate toe touch, Boat Pose, etc. Once you become familiar and habitual with this simple yoga you can go for advanced level poses.