Since the past few years, the long beautiful nails have become the dream of every female from school going girl to 40+ women. Very few are blessed with natural healthy nails and others are still struggling with brittle, prone to breakage structured nails, and dreaming to grow longer nails.
There are many artificial ways available in the market to make your nails longer. But in this article, I am sharing the easiest ways to make your nails stronger and less prone to breakage. Let’s Start your journey to grow longer nails at home.
At the end of this article, I have shared a few FAQs related to How to grow longer nails and other nail care tips so without missing you can directly go down and check the answers.
You should stop doing these mistakes if you want your natural nails back.
Here are 9 Home Remedies to Grow Longer Nails:
The first 4 are the natural home remedies you can easily try to grow longer nails at home and the remaining are the bonus tips which will make your nails healthy along with enhancing the nails growth.
- Almond Oil
- Olive Oil
- Use a soft Nail file
- Cuticle oil
- Take protein Intake
- 8 glass of water
- Use Nail Hardeners
Before starting these remedies please check out if you are doing any MISTAKES which can destroy your nails. First, you have to stop doing these mistakes if you are aspiring to grow longer nails. Now let’s begin with our first remedy i.e Garlic for nails.
- Garlic is very popular for nail strengthening as it contains selenium which is good for nail growth. This is the best remedy to make your nails hard at home.
- Take garlic petal cut into half and rub this on your nails. Leave it for 15 minutes and then wash it with water. You can use lemon water or rose water to get rid of garlic smell.
- Use this remedy twice a week and notice the result after 1 month.
- Lemon has antioxidant properties which help in reducing bacteria and fungus from the nails. Lemon also helps to get rid of yellow nails.
- You can directly rub your nails on a half-cut lemon or the second way is to pore lemon juice in lukewarm water and soak your nails for 5 mins.
- You can do this remedy once a week to get rid of yellow nails.
#3 Almond Oil:
- It is very important to moisturize your nails and cuticles every day to prevent them from getting dry and the Almond oil is the best option for it.
- Almonds are the rich source of vitamins and proteins which will help to grow longer nails very fast by nourishing your nails and skin areas around nails.
- Take a few drops of almond oils and gently massage your nails and cuticles for 5 minutes. Do this daily either after a bath or before going to bed.
#4 Olive Oil:
- Another best oil for longer nails growth is Olive oil. It acts as the best nail strengthening home remedy.
- Olive oil contains vitamin E and also has antioxidant and inflammatory properties along with this it is easily absorbed by the skin areas. This will helps in enhancing nail growth.
- As olive oil can easily absorb, it deeply moisturized the cuticles and keep them healthy and gives a tight cover for nails.
#5 Use A Soft Nail File:
- We all file our nails to bring it in the proper shape make sure you use a softer nail file for shaping your nails.
- The hard nail file may create frictions and can lead to breakage then all your effort brings down to zero so use a soft nail file.
- Damp your nails for 3-4 minutes and then file it gently in one direction movement.
#6 Cuticle Oil:
- Cuticle oil is a moisturizing product for your nails and cuticles which is mainly made up of vegetable oils.
- Cuticle oil improves blood circulation in the cuticles and enhances nail growth and it also prevents your nails from trauma. Cuticle oil helps to moisturize your cracked, chapped, and dry cuticles and restores its natural look.
- Take a few drops of cuticle oils to apply on all nails and massage for a few minutes including nails and cuticles.
#7 Take Protein Intake:
- Proteins play a vital role to grow longer nails as a deficiency of proteins in the body makes your nails weak, brittle, and dead in appearance.
- Along with proteins Biotin, Vitamin B12, Vitamin C, Magnesium, Zinc, Iron these vitamins can also stimulate nail growth. You can either take a supplement or it would always good if you take vitamins rich food daily.
- Proteins: Almonds, Eggs, Fatty Fish, Cheese, Milk, Walnut. Sunflower Seed, tofu, beans, lentils, Chickpea, etc.
- Biotin: Sweet Potato, Nuts, Egg, Fish, Meat, Sunflower seeds, spinach, broccoli, etc.
- Vitamin B12: Whole grains, almonds, Sunflower seeds, eggs, avocado, bananas, spinach, broccoli, etc.
- Vitamin C: Tomato, green/red bell pepper, Lemon, oranges, sweet potatoes, leafy vegetables, etc.
- Magnesium: Spinach, Almonds, pumpkin seed, soya meal, black beans, avocado, potato, etc.
- Zinc: Avacado, pomegranate, raspberries, blueberries, Apricot, Guava, etc.
- Iron: Chicken, Beans, Tofu, Lentils, Baked Potato, Leafy Vegetable, etc.
#8 8 Glass of Water:
- Keeping yourself hydrated is so important not only for other skin but also for your nails. Your nails represent your overall health if you are dehydrated your nails will appear dry and your cuticle skin becomes chapped and dry.
- Dry nails look so bad and it also grows slowly. You should at least drink 8 glass of water a day if it’s a sunny day you can have 10 glass of water.
#9 Use Nail Hardeners:
- Nail Hardener is the nail care product used to make it harder to protect it from any trauma. You should use a good brand nail hardener if your nails are so weak and prone to breakage.
- Garlic home remedy will also work as a natural nail hardener product but if you don’t like it you can also go for this product.
I hope you like this article related to How To Grow Longer Nails!
Now lets quickly see a few FAQs related to How To Grow Longer Nails and nail care.
FAQ – Frequently Asked Question
Will coconut oil make my nails grow?
The answer is Yes, Just like Olive Oil and Almond oil the coconut oil also helps in moisturizing your nails and cuticles. If your cuticles are moisturized and healthy it will stimulate the nail growth too as nails grow from the root. You can apply coconut oil daily and massage your nails and cuticles or 10 minutes.
Is it bad to wear nail polish all the time?
The Answer is Yes. It is true our nails do not need to breathe but if you don’t remove nail paints for a longer time then the chances of stain on your nails increases which do not look good also be very careful about your nail paints if you like wear it for a long time as chemical-based nail polishes can damage your nails and make it dry.
How can I make my nails pink naturally?
The Answer is Moisturizing, If your nails are dehydrated, dry, and dirty then it will get a fungal infection and get yellow color. You have to clean your nails daily and moisturize it for 10 minutes daily. Moisturizing improves circulation also soften the cuticles, Your nails will eventually start getting its natural color.