Making your hair colored at home is now an easy and money-saving option But with money, you will also save some stains around your hairline, hands, clothes, and your neck areas.
The dye colors are so strong that they can leave stain within a few seconds even though you washed it without any delay.
You might have to deal with these stains for a week or longer so in this situation, you should know Best ways to get rid of hair dye stain at home.
Here are 12 best ways to get rid of hair dye stains easily at home within few minutes.
12 Way To Get Rid Of Hair Dye Stain:
We will start with the first product i.e Non-Gel Toothpaste which is easily available at your home and will end on Cigarette Ash which is a little more difficult to find if you are a non-smoker then you can try the remaining 11 ways.
- Non-Gel Toothpaste
- Olive oil
- Lemon and Baking Soda
- Petroleum Jelly
- Nailpolish Remover
- Makeup Remover
- Baby Oil
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Hair Color Spray
- Raw Milk
- Cigarette Ash
#1 Non-Gel ToothPaste:
- You will need Non-Gel Toothpaste only. Take a toothpaste on your fingertip and rub it on affected areas.
- Rub it for 30 sec to 1 minute and then wash it off with water.
- This is a very popular tested remedy to get rid of hair dye stain but if you cant remove it in the first attempt try again after some interval.
- Don’t be harsh if you have sensitive skin, first check if the toothpaste suits on your skin or not.
#2 Olive Oil:
- Olive Oil is very good at removing dark patches or stains as it has anti-inflammatory qualities.
- Apply olive oil on the stained areas and rub it for 5 minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water. Do this 3 times a day.
- You can either Apply Olive oil and leave it overnight and wash it the next day. Cover areas with a cotton cloth to avoid the spreading of the oil.
- You may have heard about the lemon benefit for skin whitening and removing the dark spots. Along with this lemon also help to get rid of hair dye stain.
- Take a Half cut lemon and directly rub on your hair dye patches until you see it is coming out. Wash your hand and do it again after 2-3 hours to get rid of it completely.
#4 Lemon and Baking Soda:
- If you want a very quick result then this is the remedy you should try but make sure your skin is not sensitive to try this.
- Take baking soda in a small bowl and squeeze a half lemon then apply the mixture on the affected areas.
- Rub it for 20 sec and leave it for 1 minute, wash after 1 minute and see the results on yourself.
#5 Petroleum Jelly:
- Petroleum Jelly is not only helping you to remove hair dye stain but also it helps you prevent the hair dye stain at the first stage.
- Apply Petroleum jelly to the stained areas and rub for 5 minutes and then wipe off, you will see the dye coming out from the skin to the cotton pad.
- Also apply petroleum jelly to your hairlines, neck, and hands to avoid hair dye stain at the first stage.
#6 Nailpolish Remover:
- You can try this remedy for your clothes, hands, and floor and I don’t recommend it for face and neck areas as nail polish contains acetone.
- Take a nail polish remover on a cotton pad and dab-dab on the affected areas and you can see the hair dye color coming out.
- Do it one more time and the stain becomes completely invisible.
#7 Makeup Remover:
- As this is the makeup remover you can use it for your face without any doubt.
- Take a makeup remover n a cotton pad and apply on the stain in dab-dab style. You can apply to the hairline, on the neck, etc.
- Leave it for 30 seconds and wipe out with another cotton pad dipped into makeup remove.
#8 Baby Oil:
- Like Olive oil, you can also use Baby oil to get rid of hair dye stain from the skin.
- Apply olive oil on the hair dye stains and leave it overnight. Wash the oil with water the next day. You can see that stain is coming out of the skin.
#9 Rubbing Alcohol:
- You will need rubbing alcohol and cotton pad/tissues/ Q-tip.
- Apply Rubbing alcohol to the affected areas with cotton pad/tissues/ Q-tip whatever is comfortable according to the areas.
- Wipe it after 1 minute and see if the stain is removing or not. You can repeat the process after some interval.
#10 Hair Color Spray:
- Apply the hair spray on the hair dye stain and soak it for a few minutes.
- Wipe it after some time and see the result.
#11 Raw Milk:
- You will need raw milk, cotton ball. Apply Raw milk on the stained areas and massage it for 5 minutes and then wash it with the water.
- Do this process for 3-4 times a day to see the quick results.
- You can apply the raw milk overnight if you are okay with raw milk smell.
#12 Cigarette Ash:
- Soak a tablespoon of cigarette ash with the 2 tablespoons of water and rub it on your hands for 5 minutes.
- Take a more mixture and rub it for another 5 minutes and you can see the stain coming out.
- It’s okay if you are a nonsmoker, you can either ask for your friends and neighbor for the cigarette ash or you can go for above 11 remedies.
Would you help your friends with these remedies if they ask you How To Get Rid Of Hair Dye Stain?
|Prevention For Hair Dye Stain:|
|1. Apply Moisturizer or petroleum jelly on hairline, neck, and hand to avoid hair dye stain on those parts.|
|2. Do Not apply any product near to your eye area.|
|3. Do not use the above product if you have sensitive to that product or have an allergy.|
|4. Wear hand gloves while applying hair dye and washing hairs.|
|5 Use a brush to apply Hair Dye|
Let’s quickly see some FAQ for How To Get Rid Of Hair Dye Stain.
FAQ – Freqently Asked Quention
How To Get Rid Of Hair Dye Stain from clothes?
The answer is Nail polish remover, Take a nail paint remover on a cotton pad and pat it on the cloth directly on the stain. Put the other cotton pad below the cloth. You can see the color is coming out from the cloth and sticking to the cotton pad under the cloth. Repeat it again and you will get your cloth as a new fresh one.
Can rubbing alcohol remove hair dye?
The answer is “Yes” Rubbing alcohol can remove hair dye. Apply Rubbing alcohol to the affected areas with a cotton pad Wipe it after 1 minute.
Does Dawn dish soap remove hair color?
The answer is “Yes” The Dawn Dish Soap not only removes the hair color but prevent it from staining. You can apply a dawn dish soap directly on the dye at the very moment you see it falls on your skin and washes it while taking a bath. This will prevent you from HAIR dye stains. Do not dilute it in the water apply it directly, make sure it suits your skin.
How To Get Rid Of Hair Dye Stain in Bath Tub?
The answer is bleaching powder. Take a 2 tablespoon of bleaching powder and an equal amount of water. Apply it on the stains for 15 minutes and then wash off. You can also use rubbing alcohol. Soak the stain with rubbing alcohol for 15 min and then wash it off.
I hope you like this article on How to get rid of hair dye stains! Thank you so much for reading!