When you go for comfy and good quality eyelashes it nearly cost 20$-25$ and what if only in first use, it gets so dirty with mascara and glue which will look very messy if you use it like that only. So in today’s article, we will be seeing one popular question Can You Reuse False Eyelashes?
Can You Reuse False Eyelashes?
The answer is “Big Yes”. Yes, you definitely can reuse false eyelashes after used once. You have to take care of your false eyelashes in the correct way so that it lasts long like a new pair. What you have to do is to clean it thoroughly and gently after used and you can reuse your false eyelash pair for at least 20 times.
We will see how to clean your false eyelash at home and also we will see how you can take off the glue from your natural eyelashes so stay connected till the end.
5 Ways to Clean the False Eyelashes on Yourself:
- With Rubbing Alcohol
- With Micellar water
- Using Dish Soap
- Using Body Shampoo
- Warm Water
#1 With Rubbing Alcohol:
- For this technique, you will need Rubbing Alcohol, Bowl, Tissues or paper Towels, and eyelash brush or Q-Tip.
- Take 1 Tablespoon of rubbing alcohol in a bowl and drop your dirty eyelashes into it. Make sure it completely submerged in alcohol.
- Let the eyelashes dip for at least 1 minute and then put it on dry paper towel.
- Either with your finger or tweezer tip gently pull the glue off from the eyelash band. Do it very carefully otherwise, there are chances that lash hairs come out of the lash band.
- Once the glue is off now clean the mascara from the hairs with the help of a Q-tip or an eyelash brush.
- If the glue is still dry and you find it difficult to remove repeat the process again.
#2 With Micellar Water:
- You will need micellar water, bowl, tissues, eyelash brush, or Q-tp.
- Take 1-2 tablespoon of micellar water and let the eyelash completely soaked into it for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Take off the lashes and start pulling the glue from the lash band with the help of tweezers or nails.
- Dip a Q-tip in micellar water and move it on the lashes in a downward direction to remove the mascara.
- Place the lashes back in the lash case to give it a curve shape again.
#3 Using Dish Soap:
- Take one bowl, dawn dish soap, half cup water, tissues and eyelash brush, or Q-tp.
- Take a bowl with half cup water into it and add a drop of dawn dish soap, dissolve it completely and then add your dirty lashes to it.
- After 1 minute take off the lashes and pull the glue off also with the q-tip remove the mascara.
- Dip the lashes into clean water for a minute again to remove the soap.
#4 Using Body Shampoo:
- Take one bowl, Body Shampoo, half cup water, tissues and eyelash brush, or Q-tp.
- Take a bowl with half cup water into it and add a drop of body shampoo, dissolve it completely and then add your dirty lashes to it.
- After 1 minute take off the lashes and pull the glue off with the help of fingers or tweezers also with the q-tip remove the mascara.
- Dip the lashes into clean water for a minute again to remove the shampoo. Let it dry, give a C shape, and put it back in the lash case.
#5 Warm Water:
- You can reuse false eyelashes very easily by this method. You will need half a cup of warm water and a bowl.
- Let your dirty lashes soak into lukewarm water for around 1 hour and you could see the water is getting dirty with mascara.
- Take out the lashes on a clean paper towel and start cleaning it.
Now tell me, can you reuse false eyelashes?
Do’s And Don’ts to Clean Eyelash Glue.:
|Soak the lashes to loosen the glue and remove hidden mascara||Don’t try to pull the dried glue that can tear off the lashes.|
|Dab-Dab the tissue on lashes to remove excess liquid||Don’t let the lashes dry completely, shaping it becomes hard|
|Tightly hold the lashes hairs with one hand and pull the glue gently with another hand||Don’t apply pull force with both hands.|
|Move the lash brush or Q-tip in a downward direction to remove the mascara.||Don’t move the brush in an upward direction|
|Bend the hairs in an outward direction to regain natural hair curve||Don’t apply high force to bend the hairs|
|Give the C shape to the lashes||Give the shape before drying it|
|Place the lashes back in the case to curve it again.||Don’t place it straight that will disturb the shape.|
How To Remove Glue from the Natural Eyelash:
When you remove the false eyelashes most of the time the glue sticks to your original lashes this happens if you apply it on natural lashes or if you apply excess glue or sometimes it sticks to the lashes while removing the false one. Let’s check the correct steps to remove the glue from natural lashes.
- With the help of makeup remover, remove the glue from the lids.
- Dip a 2-tip in a baby oil/ coconut oil and apply that on your lash hairs.
- After a minute take an eyelash spoolie and run it over your hairs.
- Apply oil to the spoolie too and again run over the hairs and the glue smoothly comes out without any pain.
I hope you like this article about how to clean your false eyelashes and can you reuse false eyelashes!