When you go for comfy and reasonable quality eyelashes, they nearly cost 20$-25$, and what if only on first use, it gets so dirty with mascara and glue, which will look very messy if you use it like that only? So in today’s article, we will see one popular question Can You Reuse False Eyelashes?
Can You Reuse False Eyelashes?
The answer is “Big Yes.” Yes, you definitely can reuse false eyelashes after being used once. It would help if you took care of your false eyelashes correctly so they last long like a new pair. You have to clean it thoroughly and gently after using it, and it can reuse your faulty eyelash pair at least 20 times.
We will see how to clean your false eyelash at home, and also, we will see how you can take off the glue from your natural eyelashes, so stay connected till the end.
5 Ways to Clean the False Eyelashes on Yourself:
- With Rubbing Alcohol
- With Micellar water
- Using Dish Soap
- Using Body Shampoo
- Warm Water
#1 With Rubbing Alcohol:
- For this technique, you will need Rubbing Alcohol, Bowl, Tissues or paper Towels, and an eyelash brush or Q-Tip.
- Take 1 Tablespoon of rubbing alcohol in a bowl and drop your dirty eyelashes into it. Make sure it is completely submerged in alcohol.
- Let the eyelashes dip for at least 1 minute, then put them on a dry paper towel.
- Either gently pull the glue off the eyelash band with your finger or tweezer tip. Do it very carefully; otherwise, some chances lash hairs will come out of the lash band.
- Once the glue is off, clean the mascara from the hairs with the help of a Q-tip or an eyelash brush.
- If the glue is still dry and you find removing it challenging, repeat the process.
#2 With Micellar Water:
- You will need micellar water, a bowl, tissues, an eyelash brush, or Q-tp.
- Take 1-2 tablespoons of micellar water and let the eyelash thoroughly soak into it for at least 10-15 minutes.
- Take off the lashes and start pulling the glue from the lash band with the help of tweezers or nails.
- Dip a Q-tip in micellar water and move it on the lashes in a downward direction to remove the mascara.
- Place the lashes back in the case to give them a curve shape again.
#3 Using Dish Soap:
- Take one bowl, dawn dish soap, half a cup of water, tissues, eyelash brush, or Q-tp.
- Take a bowl with half a cup of water into it, add a drop of dawn dish soap, dissolve it entirely, and then add your dirty lashes.
- After 1 minute, take off the lashes and pull the glue off. Also, with the q-tip, remove the mascara.
- Dip the lashes into clean water for a minute again to remove the soap.
#4 Using Body Shampoo:
- Take one bowl, Body Shampoo, half a cup of water, tissues, an eyelash brush, or Q-tp.
- Take a bowl with half a cup of water into it, add a drop of body shampoo, dissolve it entirely, and then add your dirty lashes.
- After 1 minute, remove the lashes and pull the glue off with the help of fingers or tweezers. Also, with the q-tip, remove the mascara.
- Dip the lashes into clean water for a minute again to remove the shampoo. Let it dry, give it a C shape, and put it back in the lash case.
#5 Warm Water:
- You can reuse false eyelashes very quickly by this method. You will need half a cup of warm water and a bowl.
- Let your dirty lashes soak in lukewarm water for around 1 hour, and you can see the water is getting polluted with mascara.
- Please remove the lashes on a clean paper towel and start cleaning them.
Now tell me, can you reuse false eyelashes?
Do’s And Don’ts to Clean Eyelash Glue:
- Soak the lashes to loosen the glue and remove hidden mascara
- Dab-Dab the tissue on lashes to remove excess liquid
- Tightly hold the lashes hairs with one hand and gently pull the glue with another.
- Move the lash brush or Q-tip downward to remove the mascara.
- Bend the hairs in an outward direction to regain the natural hair curve
- Give the C shape to the lashes.
- Place the lashes back in the case to curve them again.
- Don’t try to pull the dried glue that can tear off the lashes.
- Don’t let the lashes dry completely; shaping them becomes problematic.
- Don’t apply pull force with both hands.
- Don’t move the brush in an upward direction.
- Don’t apply high force to bend the hairs.
- Give the shape before drying it.
- Don’t place it straight. That will disturb the shape.
How To Remove Glue from the Natural Eyelash:
When you remove the false eyelashes, the glue usually sticks to your original lashes. This happens if you apply it on natural lashes or excess adhesive, or sometimes it sticks to the lashes while removing the false one. So let’s check the correct steps to remove the glue from natural lashes.
- With the help of makeup remover, remove the glue from the lids.
- Dip a 2-tip in baby oil/ coconut oil and apply that on your lash hairs.
- After a minute, take an eyelash spoolie and run it over your hair.
- Apply oil to the spoolie and again run over the hairs, and the glue smoothly comes out without any pain.
I hope you like this article about how to clean your false eyelashes and whether you can reuse false eyelashes!