The Cardio Workout also called an aerobics workout will increase your heart/breathing rate by fast pumping blood throughout the body. This helps in getting maximum oxygen to all body parts and also improves heart and lunges health.
When you say cardio the first thing that came into your mind is the treadmill and elliptical exercise. Right? Today I came up with the best cardio workout you can do at home. Yeah, correct! now stop being lazy for hitting the gym and choose your favorite cardio exercise and start burning out at home.
At the end of this article, I have answered a few FAQs related to Cardio Workout at home so don’t forget to check down there.
List of 13 Cardio Workout You Can Do At Home:
We will start with my all-time favorite workout i.e. Dancing and will end up with amazing tips to burn fat while cleaning i.e. exercise while cleaning.
- Climbing stairs
- Rope skipping
- Jumping jacks
- Butt Kicks
- Standing Oblique Crunch
- Jump squats
- Jogging in place
- Jumping Lunges
- Box Jumps
- High Knees
- Exercise while cleaning
If you leave here then you will miss the 13th bonus exercise
#1 Dancing (on party songs):
- It’s so fun playing your favorite party songs and Dancing on it.
- I love to play party music on my favorite ALEXA and dancing on endless bits.
- Dancing can make you sweat like any other gym exercise and these will definitely help in fat burning worked for many people.
- Aerobics dancing is the most popular form of the cardio workout so you can also watch youtube videos and follow their steps.
#2 Climbing stairs:
- The stairs climbing is the easiest cardio workout you can do at home.
- Climbing stairs can burn more calories than jogging per minute also it helps in burning fat and toning your muscles.
- As per Stepjockey, stairs-climbing can lower the risk of choric diseases such as diabetes, heart disease and also prevent early age weight gain.
- 10 minutes of stair climbing a day can help you reduce the fat.
#3 Rope skipping:
- Rope skipping was an indoor game when I was a child and now its become a cardio workout you can do at home it is the perfect example of “Day passes but things never change”. Isn’t it.?
- Skipping rope is a high-intensity cardio workout that means work at the high-intensity level for a short time followed by a break.
- It’s always good to invest a small amount in buying skipping rope ut if you don’t want to buy then you can just act like holding the rope and jump accordingly.
#4 Jumping jacks:
- Jumping Jacks are a fantastic way for fat loss when used in HIIT workout. This workout is too good to reduce belly fat.
- Start with few sets of jumping jacks each of 20 seconds and gradually increase your time by 10-10 seconds.
- You can burn 100 calories by doing 500 jumping jacks a day as per news by today.
#5 Butt Kicks:
- Butt Kicks HIIT workout help in reducing fat from the lower body and tone the lower body muscles
- Start with on spot jogging and then lift your legs longer as it will touch your bum.
- You can start with a duration of 30 seconds and gradually increase as per your comfort level.
#6 Standing Oblique Crunch:
- The Standing Oblique Crunches is a very effective cardio workout to reduce side fat and toned the side muscle, in fact, this workout works better than the side crunches on the mat.
- This workout is super easy to do at your home, Lift your leg from the side and try to touch your elbow. You will understand it better in the above video.
- If you want loose side belly fat then this is the best workout to start with.
#7 Jump squats:
- Jump Squats burns more calories than the normal squats and the best cardio workout to do at home.
- First, come to the normal squat position and then jump in the air by keeping your legs straight and toe pointed ad again come to the squat position.
- This workout tone your lower body muscles helps in burning inner/outer thigh fat.
#8 Jogging in place:
- Jogging on spot is a fantastic substitute for running or whenever you want to run but just don’t want to go outside or gym.
- On spot, Jogging is a very popular aerobics workout for weight loss and fat burning.
- Start with a slower walk-on place or just warm up your body then increase your speed by moving your hands back and forth. Use opposite hand and legs movement while jogging
- The Burpees is the super high-intensity cardio workout you can do at home to reduce weight faster.
- This workout burns fat as fast as it builds muscles and also the best workout to reduce belly fat.
- This exercise will make you sweat hard cardio workout but it is no joke to do it. Follow the steps properly given in the video.
#10 Lunge Jumps:
- Jumping lunges are one of the effective types of cardiovascular exercises and mainly target to lower body fat and muscles.
- Doing properly not only reduces fat but also improves your balance, tone leg muscles hips, and calves.
- Keep your leg at the distance and keep your body facing either of the legs then slightly bends both the legs by keeping your hands like running position but opposite hand for both the legs. This is your start.
- Then jump in the air and change the positions of your legs and repeat it. Watch the above video carefully if you have any doubts
#11 Box Jumps:
- Here is one more cardiovascular exercise for your lower body and that too you can do at home.
- If you want you can buy a Box for this exercise or you can also find out an alternative at your home but make sure that will not slip on the floor.
- Box jumps not only burns fat but also improves your feet flexibility, body balance but make sure you are doing it correctly.
#12 High Knees:
- Stand straight and keeps your legs apart. Lift your left until your thighs are parallel to the floor and then do it with the right leg.
- Once you get this try to lift your legs more towards your chest and do it a little faster.
- The High Knees cardio workout strengthens your hip and legs muscles gives you a chance to get toned legs.
#13 Exercise while cleaning:
- Here we come to the bonus tip for this article. Yeah, you can do exercise while cleaning and can also burn out the fat.
- Take long steps while using a vacuum cleaner and you will be done with lunges. Dishwashing helps with hand exercise.
- Try to be more active and fast while using the stairs. Try to clean the floor with floor pad instead of the wiper this will make your stomach muscles stretch.
This is all about the cardio workout you can do at home I hope it is helpful to you.
Let’s see some Common FAQs about cardio workout at home.
FAQ – Freqently Asked Question
How many minutes should I do cardio?
The answer is 40 minutes, If you are doing the cardio workout for weight loss then you must do it at least for 40minute with several breaks between but don’t let your body goes complete rest position till 40 minutes.
You can have your complete workout plan from your doctor or any consultant to get better results as it depends on how your body reacts to a particular workout.
Where should I start cardio?
When you think of starting a cardio workout this is the first thing that came to your mind that from where should you start.
The answer is to start with simple exercises for a week and then go for the advanced level cardio workout. You can start with Dance, Running stairs, basic lunges, Skipping, etc. and then move on to the burpees, box jumps, etc
Which cardio burns the most fat?
The answer is Burpees. The Burpees is a very advanced level HIIT workout and also very hard to do. It can burn 10-15 calories per minute.
The workout likes fast jogging, stairs climbing, jumping jacks also burns more calories.